Install Android Revolution HD v40.0 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
How to Flash/Install Android Revolution HD v40.0 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM/Firmware. The latest version of Android Revolution HD ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300 is here. It comes with new features and tweaks and is fast and stable Custom ROM. You’ll find the list of the features below. This post will guide you on How to Install Android Revolution HD v40.0 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM. Please read and keep in mind the following important points before installing this Custom ROM on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Proceed at your own risk.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android Revolution HD v40.0 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S3 variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before > How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- This installation will wipe your data. Make sure to backup your phone data:
- Install Galaxy S3 I9300 USB drivers -> Download USB Drivers for Galaxy S3 I9300.
Android Revolution HD v40.0 ROM Features:
- Android 4.3.0 (Jelly Bean) – latest official Samsung XXUGMJ9 firmware
- This is improved version of stock ROM – no visual changes!
- Very fast, clean & stable!
- Full Samsung TouchWiz Interface
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Exynos 4 Quad (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- Root access
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance
- OpenVPN support
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support
- Support almost 24h a day
- …and many more!
I have written this detailed and easy to understand step-by-step instructions guide on How to Install Android Revolution HD v40.0 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM. If you are used to installing custom roms on your Galaxy S3, then this should not be any different for you. However, for beginners, it is recommended that you read the whole tutorial before installing this ROM on your device.
How to Install Android Revolution HD v40.0 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM:
Step 1 – Download the above mentioned file for Galaxy S3 to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Android_Revolution_HD-SGS3_40.0.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
NOTE: Screenshots of the ClockworkMod Recovery may change as new versions are released.
Step 6 – Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” as you can see in the image below.
Step 7 – Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 8 – Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 9 – Now select “choose zip from sdcard” as shown below. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android_Revolution_HD-SGS3_40.0.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Setup will start now.
Step 10 – AROMA Installer will start now. Choose Data Wiping Option if you’re coming from stock firmware or any other Custom ROM. (Skip this step if you’re coming from an earlier version of this Firmware). Follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 11 – After the installation completes, Reboot your phone by selecting “Reboot system now” from ClockworkMod Recovery menu as shown in the picture below. It might take a couple of minutes on first boot. So, be patient.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S3 I9300 should now be running the latest Android Revolution HD v40.0! Go to Settings > More > About Device to verify. Let me know if you had any problem during the installation process.